Take heart – there are 12 days left and 12 ways to give this year. Try them on for size – and you might give someone an unexpected SURPRISE.
1) Gift cards – Buying gift cards takes the guess-work out of shopping. Better yet – one size fits all!
2) In store – Shopping in store can be great. Those long lines are a great way to meet people and all the holiday banter can be fun.
3) On line – The Internet deals can add up to big savings. Shop online line, and when you have time.
4) Donation in kind – People who are passionate about a cause will appreciate a gift made to their favorite charity.
5) Homemade – Put your heart into making cookies, framing photos, knitting those scarves and putting ‘favorite things’ in a gift basket.
6) Legacy gift – The gift of your legacy is something that will not be forgotten. The family jewels, favorite clothing and other treasured items can’t be beat, and aren’t store-bought.
7) I.O.U. – Let’s face it, you can’t give what you don’t have. When it comes down to it, an I.O.U. will do!
8) Coupon – A coupon to clean the house, give a back rub, walk the dog, babysit… shows I’m thinking of ya!
9) Holiday chores – When company’s coming, a helping hand with holiday chores is a great gift to the host or hostess.
10) Points – Travel rewards and other ‘points’ may be transferable and are a “pre-paid” affordable thoughtful gift.
11) Re-gift – The gift that keeps on giving is apparently quite common. If you’d never use it, wear it or keep it…
12) Go Dutch – Rather than exchanging things… just spending time together is a gift – the gift of the present (or something like that).
A gift that you don’t have to buy is “CAN I HAVE SOME MONEY?” a kid money book series that you can borrow and read for free, on Kindle.